Budding space pirates can immediately pre-order the upcoming shooter
to receive a 10% discount and access to next month’s alpha test
Wednesday, 27 April 2022 – Team17 and Small Impact Games have today announced that upcoming first-person, space-based, PvPvE looter shooter Marauders, will hold a closed PC alpha test from 4-9th May. From today, players can pre-order the game to receive 10% off their purchase and immediate access to the closed alpha when it launches next week. Pre-order purchases will also automatically receive entry to a closed PC beta test coming this summer, as well as the Space Pirate cosmetic pack, which will become available to them when Marauders launches into Steam Early Access and Game Preview later this year.
During the Marauders closed PC alpha test, players can get hands-on with the upcoming hardcore looter shooter and squad up or run solo in a deep space, dieselpunk battleground of up to 15 other players. During each match, they’ll be able to breach hostile spaceships; salvage valuable cargo, including an arsenal of iconic weapons from the last century; and do battle with other players and AI opponents in tense PvPvE combat; all before making their escape.
Marauders Key Features
- Immersive sci-fi setting: Discover a gritty dieselpunk world where Earth is on the brink of collapse and survival is in looting and shooting among the stars
- Raid, loot, escape: Plunder deep-space battlegrounds and embark on daring raids for troves of valuable loot, then get out alive to claim your spoils and turn a healthy profit
- Tense, first-person PvPvE combat: Work alone or with up to three other players to survive intense combat encounters with realistic bullet simulation against enemy teams and AI opponents
- Persistent gear and XP: Keep your best gear match-to-match and tweak your favourite weapons with mods while using XP to unlock new items and increase your chances of survival
- Upgradeable spaceships and explosive sci-fi dogfights: Upgrade your ship’s armaments; build a brand-new craft with scavenged resources; or take someone else’s by force
Marauders is being developed by Small Impact Games, an independent development studio based in the UK, and will be launching into early access on Steam and Game Preview via PC Game Pass later this year.
Pre-order Marauders now and keep up to date by wishlisting on Steam, liking the game on Facebook, following on Twitter, and joining the official Discord.
About Small Impact Games
Small Impact Games is an independent development studio based in the UK. The company has over 20 years of combined industry experience and includes alumni from prominent development and publishing figureheads Codemasters, Headstrong Games, Electronic Arts, and Rocksteady Studios. The team has worked on a large range of projects across a variety of platforms including mobile, console, PC, and VR. Its next title will be the upcoming tactical looter shooter, Marauders. Visit marauders.game for more information.
About Team17 Digital
Founded in 1990, Team17 Digital is a leading developer, video games label, and creative partner for developers around the world. Part of Team17 Group plc, which floated on AIM in 2018, Team17 Digital has an extensive portfolio comprised of over 120 titles, and fully encapsulates the spirit of independent games. Team17 Digital’s portfolio of multi-award-winning and award-nominated in-house brands include Hell Let Loose, Golf With Your Friends, The Escapists, and the iconic Worms franchise, alongside its games label partner titles, including the award-winning games Blasphemous, Greak: Memories of Azur, and Overcooked! franchise. Visit www.team17.com for more info.